Diakon Radish & Carrot Salad
Banchan are veggie sides served with Korean food. Seasoned Mung Beans, Kimchi, and Diakon Radish & Carrot salad are just a few. Serve this with my Korean Beef Bulgogi. This salad is a yummy sweet and sour crunchy addition to the Bulgogi. It is a must have for me. Cook time is standing time.
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄3 cups daikon radishes, peeled and sliced into match sticks
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, shredded (the presliced matchsticks in the produce section are perfect)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar (or rice vinegar )
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Toss radish, carrot & salt together in large bowl.
- Let stand for 10 minutes
- Squeeze dry.
- Combine vinegar & sugar in small Celsius
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over radish mixture.
- Toss until well coated.
- Refrigerate up to a week.