Diabetic Spring Fling Layered White Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
18 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 pint strawberry, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray two 9-inch cake pans with Pam and set aside.
- MAKE CAKE.
- Sift cake flour, mix splenda, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together in a medium sized bowl on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- Add softened butter, mix on low speed about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg whites, mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape sides of bowl, mix on medium high speed 1-2 minutes or until batter is light and well blended.
- Scrape sides of bowl, add buttermilk and extracts, mix on medium speed until blended.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven 20-25 minutes or until edges of cake appear slightly dry.
- Allow cake to cook in pans 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks until ready to Ice.
- PREPARE ICING.
- Beat softened butter and Sllenda briefly in a medium sized bowl, just until splenda is incorporated.
- Add cream cheese, mix until lump free, about 1 minute.
- Scrape sides of bowl and add vanilla, mix well.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Slice cooled cake layers in half- using a serrated knife, slice cakes in half horizontally, to create 4 cake layers.
- Place 1 cake layer on cake stand or plate- spread 1/3 of the preserves over the cake layer.
- Top with 1/3 of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat process until all layers are assembled.
- Ice cake.
Join The Conversation