Diabetic Shrimp Scampi
This is a wonderful Shrimp Scampi that I learnt from an Italian cook who introduced me in making Diabetic foods. My father is very ill with Diabetis and loves his foods (of course) This recipe as a "hit" with Dad. A tasty blend of Shrimp and Garlic.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 11 -15 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat butter and oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. When butter starts to brown, add garlic. Lower heat; cook 1 minute, stirring to prevent garlic from overbrowning.
- Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Stir in bread crumbs and parsley. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
After a busy day this was just right for dinner ! Quick - Easy - and great tasting ! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I served the Shrimp over Brown Rice. <br/>***** Made this again tonight - and again it was a 5 star ! I did remove the shrimp right before it was done and reduced the juices - added the shrimp back and then the crumbs and parsley fresh from our garden. We had an interruption right before we ate. So, to reheat it, I put the cast iron skillet I had been cooking it all in under the broiler - best dinner ever ! Thanks so much for posting it !