Diabetic Punch Bowl Desert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My aunt, before she passed away, made this for my diabetic grandfather who is now in his eighties and doing mighty alright.
- Ready In:
- 3 (1 ounce) packages sugar free vanilla pudding mix (to be cooked)
- 6 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup no sugar added flaked coconut
- 3 cups fresh strawberries or 3 cups no sugar added frozen sliced strawberries, unthawed
- 2 2 cups no sugar added frozen blueberries or 2 cups frozen blackberries, unthawed
- 12 ounces sugar free whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 10 ounces drained pineapple (not in syrup)
- 1 angel food cake
- Cook pudding according to directions on package, set aside.
- Tear angel food cake into small pieces.
- Place a layer of cake pieces in a bowl, approximately half the cake.
- Pour half pudding mix over the cake pieces.
- Place half of the strawberries on top of pudding along with half of the blueberries, half of the pineapple, 1/2 of the nuts and 1/2 or 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Layer last half of cake, then last half of pudding, last half of the strawberries , blueberries, pineapple, and 1/2 or 1/4 cup of coconut. NO NUTS!
- Top with sugar free whipped cream.
- Sprinkle last half of nuts on top and add strawberries and blueberries on top for decoration, if you want.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION