Diabetic Cranberry Nut Bread
photo by BB2011
- Ready In:
1 loaf pan
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and orange rind in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch load pan. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 6 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Store in a plastic bag or aluminum foil for at least one day before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a science teacher who likes experimenting with a variety of recipes and ingredients. I'm a vegetarian (since 11/2003) and my sister is vegan, so many of my recipes reflect this.</p>