Devil's Food Cupcakes W. Cream Cheese Frosting (Low Cal/Fat
photo by Demandy
- Ready In:
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) jars pureed carrot baby food
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces light tub cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- Stir together the cake mix, egg whites, carrots, water, and coffee.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to blend slightly.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into 24 muffin cups that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Put the pans on cooling racks and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans and allow to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Top each cupcake with 1 tablespoon topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome cupcakes, chocolaty and light and fluffy. The frosting was also light and the perfect topping. I'd assume you need to refrigerate any frosting you have left over for cupcakes you won't eat right away, as the cool whip will probably melt. As you can see from the picture, hubby loved these, you can't tell they're so low in calories! They don't taste like coffee at all, I think the granules just add richness to the cake.