Deviled Egg Boats
Another recipe in my quest to help my sons become cooks. They love cooking. This is so cute. From Family Fun.
- Ready In:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white or cider)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- Peel the eggs; slice each one in half to make boats.
- Place the yolks in a medium-sized bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the mustard and the vinegar.
- Add the mayonnaise, stirring until the consistency is smooth but not soupy.
- Next, make the sails. To do this, cut each pepper into 1-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips into 1-inch squares and slice each square in half diagonally.
- Fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture.
- Stick the sail upright into the filling and sprinkle with paprika.
- Makes two dozen.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION