Devil Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- Ready In:
8 Hot Dogs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ball park franks
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Add chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt to taste. Add tomato sauce. Sauce will thicken as it cooks. Be careful not to let it stick or burn. (Sometimes I use 2 cans of tomato sauce.).
- In a shallow pan, heat water to a boil.
- Add hot dogs. Cook until plump.
- Remove from heat and score casings.
- Add butter or margarine to the pan and return franks and "fry" until casings are slightly crisp.
- On a baking sheet place hot dog buns.
- Add hot dogs to buns and top with the chili mixture. Sprinkle cheese across the top.
- Place hot dogs into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook! I learned at my grandmother's side. I prefer homegrown, homecooked comfort food.