Detox Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon (juice of)
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add fresh spices if you wish. (I suggest parsley and cumin).
- Note: balsamic vinegar may be substituted for lemon juice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious and filling. I sometimes use extra black beans and rub the bowl with a cut clove of garlic. A raw clove of garlic would overpower this dish. I use 1/2 lemon juice when I have it and 1/2 vinegar, apple cider vinegar or balsamic. I always add salt to taste. <br/><br/>I don't know what's detoxifying about beans because I know little about the subject but this is a very tasty salad.
I am on a diet that starts with a 10 day detox. During the detox you can't have caffeine, sugar, dairy, or gluten. This recipe fits, tastes great, and is very filling. I used a sweet onion and no shallots. I didn't add any spices, I like it plain but might try adding some garlic tomorrow. I will be making this even after the diet is over. Thanks for sharing!