- Ready In:
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk, cream, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir. Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender, stirring and scraping the bottom several times during cooking.
- Remove from the heat. Add the white chocolate and set aside for about 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is melted and evenly distributed. Let cool.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a damp countertop. Spread the rice on it, forming a (5 x 14-inch) rectangle, you may get 1 1/2 rolls depending on your rice choice.
- Arrange the fruit in a narrow strip lengthwise down the middle of the rectangle. Using the plastic wrap and working from the long sides, roll into a (14-inch) cylinder.
- Twist the ends of the plastic wrap. Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours (or about 30 minutes in the freezer).
- Place the grated chocolate on a sheet or plate.
- Remove the rolls from fridge and remove plastic wrap and roll them into the dark chocolate.
- cut into 1 inch pieces for the Maki look then plate with rice facing upward.
- take the schredded kiwi and place on plate as if it were wasabi and the sliced dates as if it were ginger.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef trained at college in Toronto Area and involved with Restaurants in Toronto either in the kitchen or ownership. Newest classic restaurant will be Featuring organic only ingredients and will open in mid 2010. The Organic Cafe For the Love of food keep eating