Delicious Vegetarion/Vegan Spinach Stew With Rice
photo by Hudakore
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) can spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup purslane, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried limes, ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup textured vegetable protein, soaked (texturized vegetable protein)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Saute the chopped onion in bottom of a fairly large pan. Remove from the heat and add the canned spinach, chopped purslane, chopped dill, and all other ingredients. Stir together and return to heat. Simmer slowly for about 20 minutes. Serve hot on white or brown rice. Finished dish should be like a slurry.
- This recipe can also include ¼ cup each of fresh cilantro and fresh or dried parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!