Delicious Stuffed Potato Pancakes
Yummy twist on potato pancakes.
- Ready In:
- 8 potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Mix together the potatoes, flour, baking powder, 3 eggs, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, garlic salt, 1 egg, and bread crumbs until well-combined.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and drop a rounded tablespoon of potato mixture into the hot skillet.
- Spread and flatten the pancake out a little, and place about 2 teaspoons of beef mixture on the pancake, spreading the filling out almost to the edges of the pancake.
- Drop another rounded tablespoon of potato mixture on top of the beef, and spread it out to completely cover the beef.
- Fry until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown, about 5 minutes, then flip and fry the other side until golden, 1 to 2 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this when I first saw it on Allrecipes, here is my review - I've never had potato pancakes before and I have to say I loved it! I followed the recipe exactly, using some cayenne pepper in the potato mixture and Italian bread crumbs in the ground beef. These came out so delicious! As I was frying it, the thought hit me that I could have added some shredded cheese on top the ground beef. I ended up serving these with a generous grating of cheddar cheese on top, with ketchup and hot sauce as a dip. I initially started off eating these with a fork but soon realized I could eat them like a burger! These would make a different but good lunch for kids to carry to school. Maybe by adding the cheese in the middle and seasoning the meat mixture with BBQ sauce to eliminate the need for any dip.1Reply