Delicious Scone for One!
This is very quick and easy. I love, love, LOVE scones, but I live alone, and it never seems practical to bake a whole recipe of them! This scone can easily be toyed with--dates, walnuts, rum-soaked raisins, and peach preserves are a few additions I've tried...
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance light butter spread, chilled and diced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a mini loaf pan or tin pie plate. Mix flour, oats, baking poder, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut in chilled butter (be generous with that "tablespoon" -- ).
- Add honey, almond extract, egg white, and half & half, and mix briefly. (Batter will be wet.).
- Scrape into greased tin and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy hot, with a steaming mug of coffee!