Delicious Hominy Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe is from Ree Drummond's blog, The Pioneer Woman.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, Finely Diced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans white hominy, Drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 whole jalapeno, Seeded And Finely Diced
- extra cheddar cheese
- bacon, And
- chile, For garnish
- Fry the bacon until almost crisp; remove from skillet and drain all but a couple of tablespoons bacon grease. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for a couple of minutes. Pour in hominy and stir for a couple of minute until warm. Add cheese, chilies, jalapenos (if using), and bacon and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a large baking pan and sprinkle with a little more cheese, bacon, and green chilies, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until hot and heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION