Delicious Coconut Custard Pie
photo by autumn c.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, no substitutes
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl using a hand held electric mixer on low speed, beat butter until just creamy. add sugar, a little at a time until well mixed. Add eggs mixing just till well blended. Stir in the flour.
- Mix in a little amount of the milk at a time beating to blend. add coconut and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle top of pie with a small amount of coconut. Bake 40-60 minutes or until there is no jiggling when slightly shaken. Mine took 60 minutes, however; check after 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
MARRIED 49 YEARS TO A WOUNDERFUL GUY, HAVE 2 SPOILED ROTTEN CATS. DON'T REALLY HAVE A FAVORITE COOKBOOK, JUST ANYTHING WITH GREAT TASTING RECIPES. PET PEEVES ARE RUDE AND PREJUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE. FOR FUN I ENJOY CROCHETING, PLAYING BINGO, CROSSWORD PUZZLES . FAVORITE DISHES TO COOK ARE HOLIDAY MENUES AND FAVORITE RESTAURANT IS WOOD GRILL