Delicious Chicken Satay (Grilled or Broiled)
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 8mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into long thin strips or cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 - 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a bowl combine all ingredients together (except the chicken and salt) mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken in a shallow glass dish and pour the marinade over the chicken; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the grill.
- Thread the chicken onto wooden pre-soaked skewers.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill (or broil) the skewers for about 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot.
Join The Conversation
10 STARS!!!! This is really delicious and so easy! Just the right amount of everything! :) I used metal skewers and broiled them, but really looking forward to grilling season, because I think the added smoke flavor would really kick it up another notch. Thanks for another winner, Kittencal! Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME