Delectable Spicy, Sweet and Salty Tofu!
The title says it all really. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb firm tofu, chopped in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp. dried chili flakes)
- 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄8 cup Braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped to garnish
- In a medium saucepan on medium high heat, saute the tofu in olive oil until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, Braggs, and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with the roasted almonds. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious. If you put all the tofu in at once, the liquid will come out and you'll think it's just going to saute rather than brown. The liquid eventually evaporates and then the browning begins. Alternatively, you could add the tofu in small batches to brown. However, whichever way you do it, don't skip the browning step as it adds a lot to the texture. What a great dish. Very savory. Should probably be served with rice or something else bland as a counterpoint.