Del Monte Banana Bread
photo by Jessica R.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 large very ripe del monte bananas, peeled and mashed
- Cream margarine and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add raisins and nuts to dry ingredients and toss. Add to creamed mixture alternately with mashed bananas.
- Pour into two well-greased 9"x5" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/3 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!