Del Monte Artichoke Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe for the Artichoke Soup served at The Lodge at Pebble Beach on the Monterey Peninsula..a spectacular and beautiful place. My son used to work there and gave me the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 6 large fresh whole artichokes
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 gallon chicken stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 quart cream
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large stock pot, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down flame and simmer for 1 1/2 hours until ingredients are soft.
- Remove artichokes and pick 48 of the outer leaves for garnish.
- Set leaves aside.
- Puree mixture in a cuisinart in batches.
- Return to stock pot, add cream and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Strain the soup through a fine strainer and return soup to a clean pot.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add Sherry and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup garnished with the reserved artichoke leaves.
- If you wish to thicken the soup, do so with a butter, flour roux, or mix some cornstarch into sherry or water and add to the pot.
- Stirring until thickened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION