Deep Fried French Fries
photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cut a potatoe into 1/4 inch thick slices and lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide sticks.
- Cook in boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Use slotted spoon and carefully remove to sheet pan with rack to drain. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Leave potatoes to drain and dry. This step can be done up to 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Pour canola oil into heavy large pot or deep fryer to the depth of 4 inches.
- Working in batches fry potatoes until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
- Note: I put mine in an 300 oven to hold until the rest of dinner was ready and stayed crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I’ve been looking for a steak French fry recipe that combines two of our favorite places to get fries. This method worked! Boil clean whole potatoes for 20 minutes. Cool on paper towels for an hour. Cut into 8 wedges and deep fry at 375 degrees for 3:45 to 4:00 minutes. Turn onto paper towels and season with salt immediately. I added a fire rub that one of our places sent home with us. They are called Fire Fries. Basically a general bbq rub with cayenne. Da bomb. A keeper. Thanks.