Deep Fried Cherries
- Ready In:
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in milk and wine until a smooth paste. Beat in the eggs. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Make a cluster of four or five cherries and tie stems with thread.
- Dip each cluster into batter, making sure all the cherries are coated.
- Carefully lower the clusters into hot, deep shortening. When browned, remove with a slotted spoon. Cook only a few clusters at a time.
- Drain on an absorbent paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been using this website for YEARS under the name Candace Michelle but when it switched over to food.com, I couldn't log into my old account for some reason. So, if you would like to see my older recipes, click on over to that member page!</p>