Deep-Dish Layered Banana Pudding
- Ready In:
- 46 vanilla wafers, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed, divided (Cool Whip)
- 4 bananas, s sliced (1 lb.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Crush 30 wafers; mix with next 4 ingredients. Spread onto bottom of rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minute or until golden brown, stirring after 5 minute Cool.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minute (Pudding will be thick.) Stir in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Layer 1/3 of the crumb mixture and half each of the bananas and pudding in 2-qt. bowl; repeat layers.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping spread over top of dessert, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Serve topped with remaining whipped topping and whole wafers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!