Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this from a friend several years ago, it doesn't matter how many other desserts are around, this pie it is always a favorite. Everyone asks me for the recipe, so I have decided to share it online for all to enjoy
- Ready In:
- 5 -7 large green apples (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (I use frozen or box mix)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (Crumb Topping)
- 3⁄4 cup flour (Crumb Topping)
- 6 tablespoons butter (Crumb Topping)
- peel and slice apples thin, mix apples cinnamon and sugar together and cook in sauce pan until apples are tender.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, sugar and butter with pastry blender. I often double the topping per pie. sprinkle mixture evenly over apples in pie pan and bake @ 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION