- Ready In:
- If using frozen sofrito thaw under cool running water, if needed.
- Remove pork roast from package.
- Drain(reserve au jus for another use if desired) place pork roast in a large saucepan.
- Stir in sofrito and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir to break up meat.
- Cook and stir for 7-8 minutes or until throughly heated.
- Meanwhile, preheat medium fry pan over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add arepas and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until throughly heated.
- Transfer arepas to serving platter.
- Top with pork mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the tamale mixture to add a touch of fresh flavor, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!