Decadent Tasting Ginger Pear Oatmeal
photo by justcallmetoni
- Ready In:
- Place the 1 cup water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- When it is boiling add the oatmeal and cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Then add the ginger and stir.
- Wait a moment and add the canned pears and stir.
- At this point the oatmeal should be done, but if you like it mushier feel free to let it cook longer.
- Transfer the oatmeal and fruit to a bowl. Sprinkle the brown sugar substitute (or real brown sugar if you are so inclined) over the top. Then drizzle the half and half over the top.
- Stir it all together and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this in the rice cooker using regular Quaker Oats as in the recipe Recipe#86820 . I cooked the oatmeal as normal but threw in the ginger, brown sugar, and pear for the last 5 minutes of cook-time. I defeated the low fat-low sugar plan by using real brown sugar and real half and half. I also used fresh pear. This was the first time I've ever tried candied ginger, and I'm not sure I like it, but it was really neat the way I'd get these sudden flavor bursts of the candied ginger. The rest of the recipe was divine (just sweet enough, good texture, etc.) and if you really like candied ginger, this is a top-notch recipe! Thanks ladypit for a yummy new breakfast treat.
This was so good after my morning workout! I was only going to eat half the recipe, but I couldn't help myself to eat the entire amount : ) I love the addition of the pears and the crystallized ginger. I used old fashioned oats so I had to cook just a bit longer, but the wait was well worth it! Thanks for sharing, ladypit!