Death by Hot Chocolate
A recipe from Dairy Australia. So very good and decadent on a cold night! For an adult version try adding Frangelico or Tia Maria to the milk while warming. Last year I made this hot chocolate recipe using up left over or easter eggs!
- Ready In:
- 300 ml cream
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 marshmallows
- 750 ml milk
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon
- chocolate shavings, for serving
- Place 1/3 cup of the cream in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, remove from the heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Then place two tablespoons of the chocolate mixture into 4 large glasses and swirl around the sides.
- Dip the top of each marshmallow in the remaining mixture and place on a wire rack, refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set.
- Add the remaining cream, milk and cinnamon stick to chocolate mixture and heat gently until just simmering. Whisk until frothy and pour into prepared chocolate coated glasses.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and chocolate shavings and serve with choc the chocolate dipped marshmallows.