Dead Good Spaghetti Carbonara
A quick and yummy pasta that can be served as the main course or as a side dish. From the BBC website. I like that this sauce is not overloaded with butter and does not use olive oil. Instead, it highlights the bacon, onion and cheese flavors.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (may use shallots)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 5⁄8 cup cream
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small frying pan and cook the onions, garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, off the heat.
- Add the onion and egg mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve with the rest of the parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Add black pepper and salt if desired.