David's Spicy Shrimp - Pressure Cooker
photo by justj_7444713
- Ready In:
- 500 g fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 g whole fresh tomatoes or (14 1/2 ounce) can drained diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (or hot chilie pepper of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Peel the shrimp, remove the dark filament in the back. Rinse them and let them drain. Place them in a dish and spray them with lemon juice and reserve for Step xx.
- Scald the tomatoes, drain, put them under cold running water and then peel them and chop them in dices. (Anyone feeling like draining a can of diced tomatoes instead?).
- Prep the garlic, onion, thyme, and hot pepper. (My food processor is calling me.).
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the minced mix and bay leaf and saute everything 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and shrimp. Mix well and salt to taste.
- Close the lid and bring to high pressure, then adjust to just maintain high pressure. Cook at pressure for 7 minutes.
- Turn heat off, remove pot from burner, and allow steam to escape and open the pot (following the recommendations of your pressure cooker, of course).
- Remove the lid, directing steam away from you.
- Thicken sauce at high heat for 2 minutes with the pot uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Place shrimp with the sauce in a dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat yummy healthy foods!