Dates With Hazelnuts
photo by Angelas Heaven
- Ready In:
- 20 medjool dates
- 40 hazelnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon flake salt
- Take a date, make a vertical cut deep enough to remove the pit, but not so deep as to cut the date in half. Discard the pit.
- Stuff each date with two hazelnuts and dip it in melted chocolate.
- Roll each to cover completely and then lift out with a fork letting the excess chocolate drip off before placing on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle flake salt on top of each chocolate covered date when they are almost dry. If you sprinkle the salt too early when the chocolate is too wet the salt will become slightly brown.
- Store the stuffed dates in an airtight container in the fridge, but bring them to room temperature before serving to heighten the taste of the chocolate.
- Package them up in a pretty box and you have homemade gift that’s sure to be remembered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Angela and I am a 43 year old health enthusiast who wants to share my favorite recipes with you.