Date Chutney from Sri Lanka
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- Place the vinegar in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and add Garlic-Ginger paste and all the spices.
- Cover and add dates after 2 minutes and cook over a low heat until the liquid thickens but the dates are not pulpy.
- Mash with a big spoon gently and add the sultanas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick, add salt and set aside to cool.
- Serve with your meals or on sandwiches anytime you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A people's person who never entertains one thing in life -- larger than life EGO of people. My hobbies are numerous and diverse. They range from being an avid reader to decorating home, loving cats, embroidery, painting, writing poems and letters to friends, endless thinking, collecting candles, music, trying various cuisines and reaching out to people. I love cooking and devising ways to smash set patterns of cooking. I do not like over use of spices in the cooking and am dead against using readymade or canned ingredients. Cooking is my favourite prescription for busting all the stress that I accumulate in the work place.