Dark Sweet and Sour Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I really prefer not to buy things when I can make them myself but somethings, like sweet and sour sauce are hard to find recipes for. So I thought I would share this one from Mollie Katzen.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- plus 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light colored honey
- plus 1 tsp light colored honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Place cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Drizzle in the water and whisk until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients, then place the pot over medium heat.
- Heat to the boiling point, whisking constantly. Just before the sauce boils, turn the heat down to a simmer, and keep whisking 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened and very smooth.
- Serve hot or warm over vegetables or other savory foods.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION