Dark Chocolate Espresso Granola Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 ounces dark chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9x9" baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Let cool and slice into 8 bars. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!