Dark Chocolate & Bourbon Bonbons
- Ready In:
- 21 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Optional additional needs for decorating
- melted dark chocolate
- melted light chocolate
- toasted crushed hazelnuts
- 1 small parchment paper, bags for fine decorating
- gold luster dust
- Line a 9X9 baking tray with parchment. Chop chocolate and place in a large glass bowl. On the stove simmer heavy cream, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Just before it boils remove from heat and pour a quarter into the chopped chocolate. Allow to rest 2 minutes and mix a little. Slowly add the remainder of the cream and whisk. (Adding all the cream at once would cause the fat to separate from the chocolate which is not what you want.
- Mix thoroughly until creamy and pour into your parchment lined dish. Chill at least two hours or overnight before removing.
- Once set you can remove and cut into your desired shapes. I melted down various chocolates and using a dessert fork with a missing center tine, dipped each bonbon in a bath of chocolate before doing fine decorating using melted chocolate in a parchment bag.
Join The Conversation