Darcey's Special Dukkah
photo by Carianne
- Ready In:
4 1/2 pint jars
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons corander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup ground rose petal
- 1 tablespoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Toast seeds on med-low heat on the stove top.
- Toast nuts on med-low heat on the stove top.
- Let cool.
- Toss everything in a blender and pulse to coarse grind.
- Serve with high quality olive oil. Dredge fresh bread through olive oil and dip in dukkah. Or, sprinkle this lovely mixture on anything! Salad, pizza, eggs -- go wild.
- Store leftover dukkah in a cool, dry place, such as the fridge. Nuts are perishable, so don't forget about it and let it migrate to the back.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, where I work for an amazing non-profit organization, Sky Island Alliance. I have a very busy schedule, but I like to eat healthy, and cook as much as I can. My husband is a good sport about trying all pof my experiments. Lately it's been a lot of canning and fermenting.</p> 8724476"