Danny's Spicy Sweet Hot & Sour Soup
- Ready In:
1 gallon soup
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
- 4 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (sirachi)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce or 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 gallon chicken or 1 gallon beef stock
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb beef flank steak (strips) or 1 lb chicken (strips)
- garnish with baby corn, mushrooms, sprouts, tofu, rice noodles, 1 bunch cilantro and scallions
- In a large pot saute galic, ginger and shallots w/ oil till tender.
- mix in sirachi, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili, soy and oyster/hoisin suace. Saute til fragrant.
- Mix in white wine and chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Stir in cooked meat. Min in remaing garnish ingredients 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live with my husband and two cocker spaniels. I really started to enjoy trying new recipes. I use recipezaar constantly, it's a wonderful resource!