photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
1 1/3 cups
- Put apricots, water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat and simmer until apricots are soft, plumped and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- (Can be done in a Microwave).
- Puree in food processor, transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice and almond extract.
- Scrape filling into a small container and cool to room temperature.
- Seal container and chill.
- Will keep refrigerated for two weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
LOVED it!! My favourite kind of recipe - easy to follow and using store cupboard ingredients, it was JUST great! I whizzed this up in a flash and served it with ice cream for dessert after lunch - however, I am planning on making an almond cake tomorrow, so I will be using this to sandwich the cake together, with whipped cream. I loved the addition of the lemon juice - it saved it from becoming too sweet and cloying. An excellent recipe which has gone into one of my cookbooks to keep - thanks Lori! FT:-)
I really enjoyed the flavor of this. It was one of the many items that went into the making of my daughter's first birthday cake. I needed a bit more filling than the recipe called for (filling a 12- inch square), so to stretch the filling, while it was still very warm, I poured in a small jar of apricot preserves.