Dan Kim Kui (Crispy Seaweed)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Something a bit different to do with those nori sheets.
- Ready In:
- 10 sheets nori
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- With a soft pastry brush, gently brush the nor sheets with oil.
- Heat a large skillet or non-stick pan over medium low heat.
- place a sheet of nori in the pan for a few seconds.
- The nori will become crisp and turn dark green.
- With chopsticks or tongs, quickly flip the sheet over and toast the other side for a few seconds.
- Remove and place on a large cutting board.
- While still warm, lightly sprinkle each side of the nori sheet with sugar.
- Repeat with each sheet.
- When all the sheets have been sugared and toasted, stack the sheets in one pile.
- Cut the pile of sheets in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise to make 6 rectangular pieces of nori.
- Stack the smaller sheets in a pile and place a toothpick in the centre to hold them in place.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION