Dalmatian Fried Calamari
This is a simple meal, easy to make. The only problem might be that when you fry the calamari oil will sprinkle around kitchen and can hurt you, so use some kind of protection.
- Ready In:
- Clean calamari, remove guts and cut them across into 1 cm rounds. Also use “legs”, the are very good. Do not salt them before frying or they will be hard. Salt them afterwards.
- Each round put into flour, remove surplus and fry them in very hot oil. Beware of the moment you put them in hot oil – since calamari contains water it will sprinkle, and it will sprinkle while frying.
- Do not put them too much in a pan and fry them not more than 4-5 minutes, they must remain soft, but with light brown flour crust.
- When calamaris are done, put them on to paper towel. It will soak surplus of oil. Now salt them.
- Cut lemon into 1/4 pieces and sparkle with juice. Serve with tartar sauce or “Nitko’s calamari sauce”.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation