Dale's Renown Pork Butt
- Ready In:
- 16hrs 10mins
- Coat pork with molasses and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- While waiting, mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- After the hour, coat the pork with the dry rub.
- Smoke in wood smoker for 8-12 hours at 250.
- After this wrap in foil and cook in oven at 300 until cooked to taste, Meat should fall off the bone.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good, but I have had better. I make pulled pork at least once a month as it's a favorite and very versitile for my husband and I. This is the first time I've made it that it's come out black on the outside, very crusty and burnt tasting (on the outside). I'm guessing it was the molasses, I've never rubbed a pork butt down with molasses before, so I'm guessing that might be it. I threw it in the oven at 8am, it was smelling great, I checked it around noon and noticed it was very dark- darker than normal. Once you got past the outside it was very tender and good, but I was hopeing to get that sweet spicy bite from the rub and the molasses. We are going to use some in Pork Fried Rice tomorrow, I think it'll be ok as long as I cut the outside part off.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of six who loves good food. I have taught all my kids to be good cooks. I just lost one of my daughters on December 26, 2008, she was 22, her name was Katheryn. I have been a short order cook and I have done a little catering. My specialties are salads, cakes, and breads. I love to take someones recipe and fix it so I like it better. I love the science of cooking.