Dak Bokkeumtang for the Instant Pot
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in big chunks
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in big chunks
- 10 -12 baby carrots
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soybean paste (doenjang)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Combine sauce ingredients (pepper flakes through chicken broth).
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces so all the items in the stew are similar sizes.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add 1-2 T vegetable oil. Sear chicken in batches.
- Add chicken, potatoes, carrots, and onions to pot. Pour sauce over and mix to coat.
- Set instant pot for 10 minutes on high pressure. Quick release when done.
- Add sliced green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY