Daisy Sour Cream Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Daisy and I look forward to trying. It got rave reviews from a master baker.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided usage
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, divided usage
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄4 cups daisy brand sour cream, divided usage
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 8-inch round baking pans; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl add the vegetable oil, egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed (1 minute).
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar; continue beating until well mixed (1 minute).
- Add the melted chocolate, 1 cup of the flour, 2/3 cup of the cocoa powder, the baking soda and salt. Beat at low speed until mixed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the water; beat at low speed until mixed.
- Add the remaining 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup water; beat at low speed until mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in 1 cup of the sour cream until mixed.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pans from the oven and cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pans; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the butter at high speed until creamy (about 1 minute).
- Add 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Beat the frosting at low speed until mixed.
- Add the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup sour cream and milk; beat at low speed until mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Place one cake, rounded side down, on the serving plate.
- Spoon and spread 1 cup of the frosting over the cake.
- Place the second cake, rounded side up, over the frosting.
- Frost the sides and top of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Garnish if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION