Dairy Free Super Food Avocado Smoothie
photo by Amis227
- Ready In:
1 3/4 c
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1 cup almond milk (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 banana (I had this at hand the first time I made it but have successfully subbed another 1/2 avocado)
- 1 scoop wheat grass powder
- 1 cup frozen berries (optional)
- I simply poor everything into a jar and let my stick blender at it until it's a nice creamy texture, and I don't see any chunks. Sometimes I have to add more milk if it's a bit thick, especially if I added berries. My yield is usually about 1 3/4 of a cup but it's not exact. When I have them, I love adding frozen berries for a frosty treat and the added nutrients; I especially love blueberries. The brands I usually use are Silk Pure Almond original flavor almond milk (but I like coconut almond too), Spectrum Decadent Blend Chia & Flax Seed with coconut & cocoa (when I don't have that I will usually still add about 1 tsp chia seeds and a bit of coconut if I have any) and Garden of Life Alkalizer & Detoxifier RAW Organic Green Super Food grass powder.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Ami and I share my home with my husband, Carey, our two small sons, James and Charles and our daughters Meradydd (it's pronounced Meradith)and Kathrynn. Until recently, I was a Specialist in the National Guard. I'm pretty eclectic in my studies and I've learned a lot becuase of that since I don't limit myself. Right now I'm taking classes for animal care. I've also been studying a lot about herbalism and really enjoy learning about that. My mother and I also run a home based business for natural soap, balms, etc. We use only the most the natural ingredients available. I'm also a Mary Kay consultant. Busy, huh? :D I love to read and learn new things. My husband says our books will be the death of us. LOL. I love to cook and experiment. I also like to take walks, rain or not.