Dairy and Sugar-Free Tiramisu
photo by gourmandelle
- Ready In:
- 12 -16 ladyfingers
- 150 g mascarpone (vegan)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sucanat
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 100 ml espresso
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 2 tablespoons cognac
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with the sucanat until incorporated. In another bowl , whisk the egg whites until you get a foamy texture, then add slowly the yolk cream and vegan mascarpone.
- Pour the cooled coffee in a bowl and add the coffee liquor or cognac. Dip the lady fingers in the liquid (not too much) and layer them in a medium tray (6-8 lady fingers / layer). Over the first layer of lady fingers add a layer of cream, then another layer of soaked lady fingers. Cover with cream and garnish with powdered cocoa or carob.
- Let it cool for at least 5 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I started my food blog in order to share with you my knowledge about having a healthy lifestyle. First of all you must know that I don’t fit in any eating-related categories like vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan and so on. I just eat what I consider to be healthy. I am more like a dairy-free vegetarian. On my blog you'll find many delicious and healthy recipes which will help you maintain a balanced diet.</p>