Daily Energy Protein Smoothie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I obtained this recipe from my Naturopathic Doctor. I adjusted her recipe to my own tastes and arrived at this tasty, filling and healthy smoothie.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seed oil (keep refrigerated or in the freezer or it's healthful powers are eliminated)
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup berries or 1/2 cup fruit (frozen makes a good summer drink)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (powder form from health food stores)
- 2 -4 2 -4 tablespoons rice protein powder or 1/2 cup silken tofu
- Put liquid ingredients into the blender.
- Start the blender with the lid on (cuts down on spraying).
- Remove the lid and add the Banana, Fruit, Spirulina powder AND/OR the protein powder or silken tofu.
- The drink will become'green' in colour because of the Spirulina.
- Drink it anyway and you will be pleasantly surprised and more healthy!
- (If you find it too 'tart', add non-caloric sweetener to taste)
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION