Dahl / Red Lentil Curry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My own dahl which is tasty as an accompaniement or in a wrap! NB. Skim milk can be used instead of coconut milk if you want a lighter version. Serve with (ideas): * brown rice, basmati rice, curry, raita
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 brown onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch roasted curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cup red lentil
- 165 ml light coconut milk
- Saute onions with garlic, curry powder, and black mustard seeds.
- After cooked, add lentils and half fill pot with water.
- Add tumeric and salt to taste, stir.
- Cook until water nearly evaporated.
- Simmer with milk/ coconut milk. (I use coconut milk).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION