photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 1 small minced onions or 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- In a large skillet saute onion until translucent.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, water, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add Kielbasa.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the 1/4 cup cold water with the 1 tablespoon of corn starch in a small glass until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet, stir well and remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Serve over pasta or as an appetizer with toothpicks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
Very good. We had it served over rice instead of pasta. I used a large minced shallot in place of the onion, but otherwise followed the recipe exact. This is a delicious sweet & sour dish. It is very rich, but good. I'm not sure how good it would be the next day because we did not have any left over.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /> <br />I'm a homeschooling mother of seven, a labor doula, childbirth educator and apprenticing midwife. <br /> <br />I love to cook, it's a great creative release for me. I usually use a recipe as a jumping off point, changing it as it works for us. <br />When I post a recipe if I don't site a source you can assume it was one of my own creations which is likely to be a simple one dish kinda of thing. With a large family I'm all about easy and tasty. A recipe doesn't get posted unless the kids loved it. <br /> <br />My star ratings <br />5 stars- Loved it! the family loved it and it will be added to my main cookbook <br /> <br />4 stars- Really liked it, may make a change or two and add it to my main cookbook <br /> <br />3 stars- Like it, may make it again, but it probably won't be a regular addition <br /> <br />2 stars- it was okay, but not likely to make it again with out many changes <br /> <br />1 star- not very good, would need to make several changes for our family's taste, won't make it again. <br /> <br />I'm very honest in my reviews and whereas I don't like giving low reviews I will. I won't try a recipe unless I think my family would enjoy it and I will review it.. <br /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view&current=tish1.jpg target=_blank><br /></a> </p>