Dad's Irish Coffee
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 fluid ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey
- whipped cream, canned,the dairy kind not the non-dairy whipped topping
- Pour enough Creme de Cacao in the bottom of a coffee cup to just coat the bottom of the cup.
- Add the Irish whiskey.
- Fill the cup with coffee leaving room for the whipped cream.
- Using a swirling motion, top the coffee with whipped cream.
- Drizzle Creme de Cocoa on the whipped cream.
Join The Conversation
Oh this is delicious. I didn't follow it quite exactly; I didn't have whipped cream but sweetened it with some brown sugar and added some evaporated milk for some creaminess. I found the whiskey overpowering.. so I added more creme de cacao, haha. It made sense to me at the time! I will be happy and warm tonight! Thanks :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking if I don't have to. I'm a single father of a teenage boy so I am constantly challenged to find good recipes that we will both enjoy. We live in a small town in Eastern WA state close to most of our extended family.</p>