Dad's Beef Stroganoff
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, washed trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 3 -4 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles
- Cut meat across the grain into 1/2 inch strips, about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, then remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook meat until light brown.
- Reserving 1/3 cup of the broth, stir in remaining broth, the ketchup, garlic and salt.
- Cover, simmer 15 minutes.
- Blend reserved broth and flour, stir into meat mixture.
- Add mushrooms and onion.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in sour cream and sherry, heat through.
- Serve over noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had a busy day so I decided to cook the meat in the crockpot. I combined it with the onion, beef broth, ketchup, garlic and salt and cooked on low for 5 hours. I also used stew meat as that is what I had. I poured the cooked meat/broth into a saucepan and added the flour/broth mixture and finished the recipe per the directions. The sauce was very good, the only reason I'm giving 4 stars is because we did not care for the flavor the sherry added. I will make this again and omit the sherry. Made for Spring 2012 My 3 Chefs.