Dad's Apple Crisp
photo by BLUE ROSE
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 tart apples, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar (white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, butter, and oatmeal.
- Refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the cubed apples in the lemon juice, then in a combination of 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Place the apples in a square or round 9" baking dish.
- Crumble the topping mixture over the apples and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the apple juices are bubbling over the topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!