Czech Republic Potato Pancakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this recipe from a cook book I bought. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. This food is popular on streets of Czech Republic.
- Ready In:
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley on the side of the dish
- Grate the potatoes and squeeze all the liqued out with towel paper.
- Put potatoes in bowl and mix in flour,garlic,eggs,marjoram and seasoning.
- In a large pan heat in oil and half butter together. Form a potato ball using a tbsp, then flatten potato ball into a pancake shape using back of tablespoons.
- Fry the pancakes until golden brown and crisp then turn over a do same on the other side. Adding remaining butter and oil to frying pan if needed.
- Serve potato pancakes with sour cream,f resh parsley and chopped tomatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION